Saturday, April 21, 2012

Trudy The Foursquare User

Nowadays, when some friends see me, they’d always comment something about my use of Foursquare and how I tend to Tweet and Facebook it more than the usual. Some find it cool, some don’t care, some are concerned about my safety, and some find it annoying.

Here are some points I’d like to tell to those who just can’t stand it: UNFOLLOW ME. Simple. If you think it’s stupid and unneccessary, UNFOLLOW ME. Simple. Instead of wasting your energy towards complaining, tweeting, and ranting about an application I am using properly, UNFOLLOW ME. Simple.

But definitely, I’d rather tweet and Facebook where I am than complain about my life every single day. And it’s almost the same thing anyway, you tweet and Facebook about where you are too, you tell us what you do in that place, so why not let me Foursquare?

I share with my friends the places I like to go. I want to see some of the restaurants and vacation places they go to. I find new friends on the site. I gain points for discounts and perks. I gain excitement. I gain gratitude towards the realization that God is giving me the ability to travel and eat anywhere in the world. Did I hurt you? Did I contribute to any global conflict? Did I kill anyone? No.

To those who are concerned about my safety: My dear friends, I understand and acknowledge your concern but I am not that stupid to allow someone to rob me, kill me or rape me. Just to let you know, I check-in earlier or later than the exact time I am in that place. Sometimes, I don’t check-in at all. And sometimes, I check-in all at once. So I will have to salute you if you can ACTUALLY and REALLY calculate the distance, the time, my decision of when to check-in, the time I will spend staying on that place, and the moment when to kill me.

To my friends who appreciate the benefits of having a Foursquare and to those who just let me do what I want to do, I appreciate it very much. Thank you.

You use Twitter to tweet, Facebook to stalk and everything else, YouTube to watch videos, Formspring to cyberbully people (well, for some), Tumblr to blog, and Foursquare to let people know where you are and see where other people are at and are up to. Every social networking site or app is made to create an impact to each and everyone. And I honestly think that whether you like it or not, you are going to be a part of it.

Let’s just appreciate the gift of technology; it is also a gift from God anyway. Lessen the hate you are giving towards a freaking social networking site or application and start criticizing yourself to improve. Minimize complaining about your friends’ updates and start doing what you’re supposed to do with your life.

After all, there is so much more in the world than Foursquare.

No comments:

Post a Comment