Friday, April 6, 2012

Desires

I’ve been going through a not-so-good time in my life recently, and since my usual preference is to hug myself and cry away, I am trying instead to concentrate on desires. That word unfortunately is considered as something cliché or underrated, and so I am warning you right here, right now, that that is not how I think it is.

I am talking about little instances and beautiful heart-warming occurrences that remind me of how every second of my problematic and temporary life is worth living whether I choose to appreciate so or not.

There are about a thousand reasons why every day is wonderful, but here are a few things I find personally desirable:

  1. Taking a cold shower after a day’s work, and letting it kick off the smell of perspiration and pressure.
  2. Finding an extra-large shirt and tiny cotton shorts to sleep on with at night.
  3. Songs written about how love and dreams can change your life.
  4. A little line you find on Twitter that says the thing you have always felt but never thought to describe.
  5. That first stretch in the morning.
  6. Encouraging text message from someone you love and loves you.
  7. Eating good food with people who genuinely appreciate eating good food.
  8. Standing in front of a kind of landscape that makes you stop and think “Wow. I am giving myself a right to be miserable with this kind of beauty existing.”
  9. I know it’s cheesy and corny and that it sounds like a greeting card, but I am choosing to see the world as good and I am so grateful to live here. 
I know it’s cheesy and corny and that it sounds like a greeting card, but I am choosing to see the world as good and I am so grateful to live here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment